Taking On A Challenge

Yesterday I mentioned that I would proceed as I have last year in making plans for 2014; only this time I am not banking on foresight, but on what I called 'future-consciousness'... well, I'm not taking it back, but on the other hand, I'm adding to that today. 

Usually I wouldn't bother with writing a follow up this soon; I would take some time - an hour, a day, a week, a month or two - and live my life, and if anything clicks or if anything happens related to what I wrote earlier, then I would bring it up again. No, it's just that this time I'm taking on a challenge (as many challenges have been presented on Facebook during this time of the year) called 500 Words A Day, by Jeff Goins. For 31 days (including yesterday and today), I am to write 500 words. Would they come together to form one article? Probably not, but I am led to understand that these words have to be written down during one sitting. 

Considering the subject I opened this year with in my previous article, I could say that this is one way for me to fine-tune not just a thought, but a whole mindset covering not just a part of my life, but I dare say my whole existence. 

I don't believe my friend Jovie liked Jeff Goins' page by accident, and I don't believe I saw it and gave further notice to it by accident. This fits exactly into what I want done this year - not to increase in knowledge by accumulation, but rather implementation; again, fine-tuning, if you will. 

(On a side note, I understood that Mr. Goins encouraged the idea of just keeping on writing, even if it didn't make much sense - I pray that as this goes on, we will elaborate where elaboration is needed, and we will simplify when simplification is needed. This side note comes out of me catching myself thinking, 'am I making any sense in what I'm writing right now?')

So, disclaimers aside, where was I? Oh, yeah. 'Future-consciousness'. What a term. As I thought about it, I was led to think that there was a better way of calling it. Let's go back to that paragraph: 

"I still intend to plan for 2014 - in fact, I have a pen and a notebook by my side, first page ready to be filled - but by God's grace and truth in Christ, I can proceed - not banking on imperfect foresight, but future-consciousness: Living in the peace of knowing where I'm headed, in the light of understanding that all that is here is temporary." (That part in Bold was tweeted and consequently posted on my Facebook profile)

'Living in the peace of knowing where I'm headed, in the light of understanding that all that is here is temporary' - Isn't this just called faith? 

Now I'm just thinking that all I did was to paraphrase, and therefore prove to myself, the truth behind the words of Paul in his second epistle to the Corinthians:

'For we live by faith, and not by sight.'

We live, actively aware and purposely knowing (as the song goes) Who holds tomorrow, and not by depending on what we know, because by ourselves, we are not only flawed - No, by ourselves, without Christ, our being amounts to absolutely nothing

I'm ending this here for now, not because I think that I've reached my 500 word quota, but just to reiterate the importance of believing in God's grace and truth not only being relevant, but absolutely important in not only our life-long plans, but in every second of our existence. 

:D

Just so you know, there are 613 words before that smiley. 

God bless you.




_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26