Sorting Things Out

Bear with me, I'm just unloading what's on my head today in this post.

I was supposed to go out so much earlier today to get stuff done over at City Hall, but I had to hold it all off (for a longer time than I expected) to work on things at home. One of the things that got me busy was to sort and organize all the envelopes full of documents. And as I was going through all the records stacked on the shelves, I noticed that many of these papers were xerox copies, proof of my Dad's intention to have every important document backed up. Unfortunately, this style of security leaves us with stacks of paper that take up space. 

And since my father passed away, I have no way of knowing the exact details as to why things were arranged the way they were. 

So that's what I was doing; sorting, and organizing. There was a need to separate current documents from records and receipts that needed to be archived. In doing this, there was a lot of space gained and a lot of extra envelopes and plastic cases made available.

And it could get even more spacious around here if I choose to go paperless. I thought that administrative process only applied to companies and businesses, but there is a way to implement it at home. Of course, not ALL papers are going away - at least, while government agencies and organizations here in the Philippines still look for certificates and the like. But the rest of the records here - commendations, records of transactions done so long ago... They can probably be scanned, immortalized in computer memory. 

I'll probably have to talk about this with my mom. 

We talked about a similar issue before. See, I'm finding out that my interest in photography could have gone way back, before a friend of mine a few years ago got me actually buying a DSLR and shooting around. My own father loved taking pictures (and even videos) wherever his adventurous position in the military would take him, and I remember he also had us take pictures of family and business events as well. That meant we had a huge archive of pictures, a whole shelf containing albums of shots going as far back as the 70's. 

I proposed that we should scan the pictures, and convert the (mostly Betamax) videos into digital so we have a good backup. Recently the thought of printing out any pictures we took digitally came into mind; we had albums of shots before, what's keeping us from printing any pictures we took recently and adding them to the physical library?

What I started this morning will definitely not take a day, a week, or even a month to finish. But it's a start of another project.

Chalk that up with my intentions to open another blog. In fact, I might start that blog off with what experiences I have in going paperless, and archiving. 

You made it this far? Wow, thanks. Hey, God continue to bless and keep you. God cover you in all things and may you always be reminded of how deep and wide His absolute and powerful love is. Jesus Christ is all you need. 

...and He's all I'll need in all my plans. God bless us all. 


_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26