Drop, Roll, Rebound

The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. (Psalms 116:6-8 NKJV)

Humble pie. That's what I had today. But even if I knew I really had much more to learn about playing the guitar (as I mentioned in my previous post), the temptation to make excuses and blame others was present. 

But praise The Lord. I mean, He really is faithful. I know this and I declare this because He knew exactly what I needed as I brooded over rebuke after open rebuke. I was definitely tempted to see the mistakes of people and take that as an excuse for my own incompetence. 

Again, praise The Lord, because He reminded me that where sin abounded, grace abounded so much more. I was responding to what I thought was rejection of men by pondering on how I strike back. I praise The Lord now because it was a timely message for me to hear that it isn't the acceptance of men but the unfailing love of God that keeps me going onward and upward. It is this everlasting love, this amazing grace that is Jesus Christ, that allows me to respond positively, and more importantly, with more grace. 

I hope I made the point of how overwhelming God's faithfulness and love is without going too much into detail as to what happened exactly. Let's just say that there is nobody else that is and should be the source of our feelings of security. Nobody else should be our refuge besides Christ Jesus, our Rock, our Strong Tower. He is faithful and always willing to overtake us with true and unending love each and every time.

Thank God, because He continues to just bless and keep us wherever we go, no matter what mistakes we make. His love and grace and mercy continues to just sustain us as our minds continue to receive the fact of the abundant life we have in Jesus Christ. 

He was pierced for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities, and by His stripes we are healed. He was struck and humiliated in our place, that we could continue to walk and live in wholeness and peace. 

We have all we need in Christ. To God be the glory forever and ever. 

This will continue to be a great and awesome week. 


_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26