At The End Of Route 28

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. However, it doesn't necessarily imply that the shortest distance is the most ideal distance to cover to get from one point to another. No, sometimes we need to take a few curves and stops in order to truly travel to the next level. Sometimes we need to learn lessons - warmly welcomed or taken in hard - as a prerequisite to reach the next point.

For most of the nearly 29 years I've been here on this earth it's been literally hard-wired into my head that I have a part to play in order to be saved from eternal damnation; that I have to do something to be blessed in this life - this life I've learned is hardly ever going to satisfy me. 

Over most of the course of this 29th year I've been learning that it had nothing to do with me, and everything to do with Jesus Christ. In a nutshell, He died for me to be saved, and He rose from the dead for me to be blessed, and to be blessed to be a blessing. He did it all for me, and all I need to do is believe.

Alvin Toffler says that the illiterates of the 21st century will be those who are unwilling to learn, relearn, and unlearn. Throughout this year, by His grace, I have started this process of learning more of God's grace, relearning the unconditional, absolute, and everlasting love He has for me, and unlearning the demands of the flesh and the world. 

I found out that this process was easier plotted out and observed, easier said than done. Some of my most painful experiences in my life happened this year. The enemy has tried to steal my joy, kill my hope, and destroy my faith - But GOD has, and will always be FAITHFUL, even in times that I am willingly unfaithful!

Now that I think of it, God really makes everything happen for the good of those who love Him - as I was dealt blow after blow, I could not doubt how learning, unlearning, and relearning has been so much easier. His grace was the only thing that mattered to me during these times. His love was the only thing that enabled me to act graciously. The works of the flesh were ignored, if not spitefully rejected as my spirit naturally sought to be more and more in His wonderful presence. 

It's been said that no man can serve two masters. I now wholeheartedly agree. It's like saying no man can give more than one woman 100% of himself. And I just want to say that more now than ever, I just feel how our God simply will not let us go.

To believe this with the mind is very simple. A straight line. To believe this with the heart - now, there's a challenge. See, when my mind and heart agree to the fact that Jesus loves me, it'll no longer be about me and my performance - it'll be all about Jesus loving through me. It'll only be about Jesus forgiving through me, being merciful through me, being gracious through me. It's no longer me who lives... but Christ who lives within me. 

And the life I live, I live in faith in the Son of God, who loves and and gave Himself for me.

Here's to Year 30. I know there's so much more to be done... but let it all be done, not for anything else, but from the victory of Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, for the Father's perfect will to be done. 

No more complacency. No more confusion between two masters. No more confusion. No more stagnancy.

Forward ever, forward ever, backward never.
To God be all the glory, praise, worship, and adoration, forever and ever. 

_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26