A Shift In Preference

Somewhere in Proverbs 26 is a verse that keeps kicking me in the nuts: "As a dog returns to its own vomit, so a fool repeats His own folly."

These recent days have been trying to my mind and soul. I have lots of reasons to complain. If I devoted time to think of everything I can be worried about, I could be sick by the next hour. I also have had lots of reasons to jump back to the life I used to have before my determined decision to keep giving Jesus Christ all of me.

And, to my shame, I have taken steps to go back what I used to do. I'd elaborate, but I'd rather not. I'd rather say right now that God is just so good to me. For in these times that I tried to go back to what I thought made me happy, I've seen exactly how I've tasted and seen that the Lord is good - how what I have now is light-years ahead of what I had before Jesus Christ.

I see firsthand how there is absolutely nothing for me if I choose to go back to what I struggled so hard to be free from. Sin has lost its appeal to me. I not only choose Jesus, but I prefer Him now. Sure, the temptations will still be present, and they will come in one way or the other - but I just have to keep declaring that I do not live by bread but by the Word of God. It's a matter of declaring that I cannot and must not tempt God, and I should worship Him, and Him only.

Things are looking up. To God be the glory and honor and praise, forever and ever.



_________________________
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26