Sample 64 - In Pace Requiescat

This was taken just outside the Echo Lake Lodge on the way down from the Summit of Mount Evans. This particular picture (verse and all) was part of a project I had way way back to publish a book. I thought to myself, maybe it's better if I actually started sharing the pictures instead of getting ahead of myself (and ultimately keeping the pictures to myself).

I just came to the realization that the Lord's glory and grace is known in our trials... not only by courage and not with the strength and wisdom we demonstrate, but also in the peace that He gives us. This peace is no ordinary peace, indeed it is a peace that goes beyond all understanding, as it is described in Philippians 4:6-7. 

The grace, the peace that God is so thoughtful and faithful to abound is us - it is far greater than the pressure and distress that a situation, a trial can bring! Though our bodies are trained to 'fight and flight', the peace of the Lord gives us the option to think things through and respond in the best way possible!

I believe this, because I know my heart was pounding and my body was gearing up for conflict when I was recently confronted, but God, in His faithfulness and by the power of His Spirit, led me to say what needed to be said, to do what needed to be done (pray, pray, pray!) for His Name to be glorified. Praise God for these times, and praise God because I know I am blessed, even when I am persecuted and ridiculed for His Name's sake! 

God bless you!



_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26