Sample 15 - Lily Pond & Botanical Building, Balboa Park, 090908









































These shots were taken just as I was shifting from the handy-dandy Nikon D40 to a handier-dandier (and also then recently acquired) Nikon D80. I just took a quick peek at the data accompanying the exposures and saw I was shooting at 0 EV according to matrix metering - a recipe for highlights. 

As the years went by I slowly learned that it was easier to take underexposed shots and play with D-Lighting and Levels when needed. I also saw the need of taking the picture to my satisfaction as soon as I clicked the shutter - too many times have I been telling myself, "That'll look better with a bit of editing." True, there is fun in editing, but there's even more fun in finishing a shot in one go.

..."do not leave off for Photoshop what you can shoot right now" (?)

Enjoy.



_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26