Notes for Proverbs 30 - Priorities

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. -Proverbs 30:8-9

I believe we should dwell in humility and truth, as opposed to 'vanity and lies' as mentioned.

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. -Proverbs 30:5-6

Do not allow the vanity of this world to seep into your heart for your mind and body to follow; trust in God and the purity of His Word. Search and sift through it in all humility, being careful to take in only the truth so when you share it you share only the truth.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. -Psalms 119:11

Yes, hide the Word in your heart... Carry the Word in your heart as dearly as you clutch it in your hand. Spend time with the Lord and His Word, knowing that all the promises within are for those who follow, and all those who stray are in danger of the consequences stated.

To God be the Glory.


Sent from my iPhone