Oh, I Don't Know...

050211

Kill the man's ideals, and you kill the man.
Kill the man, and you give life to the ideals.

I remember I was half drunk, walking into the door of our humble place at Brent on the night of September 11, 2001. All eyes were on the tv screen showing the attack and destruction of the World Trade Centers. I don't know if it was the alcohol or if it was real frustration I felt - for the first time I saw the land of the invulnerable United States of America struck hard by people so fueled with hatred that they gave their lives so many innocent people would die with them. Everyone around the world felt the terror that this atrocity brought. Most of us reacted in eventual vigilance, but some were inspired to top that crime in the name of the ideals accepted only in their own twisted minds.

Osama bin Laden was the head of the terrorist group that claimed responsibility for the attacks. Today it was announced that he was killed by US Special Forces.

Why am I not feeling better?

I am led to believe that the world is a better place without people like him. Barack Obama claimed responsibility for giving the order for our fine men and women to proceed with the operation. Judging from the many Americans that swarmed around the White House minutes after the news was official, many people think that this was a good thing.

For some reason, I wasn't as thrilled. Was it really something to cheer about? We can say an immediate 'yes', but can we take a step back and think about it?

Was the operation a strategic victory? Osama bin Laden was old. He or someone in his group probably already thought of deciding on the future of al Qaeda after his death. Or through all the years of his antics, many people may have been given key responsibilities, reducing bin Laden to a mere figurehead. Killing him may have not done much against his nefarious organization.

It may have probably put us in even more danger. A head was struck down, but we may have pissed off a hydra. I overheard an analyst say that there are probably sleeper cells established to mobilize upon the death of bin Laden. I pray in Jesus Christ's Name that their weapons will not prosper.

Kill the man's ideals, and you kill the man.
Kill the man, and you give life to the ideals.

This is what bothers me the most. I don't remember where I heard this, but a terrorist expressed that the 9/11 death toll was nothing compared to number of their 'women and children killed by Western aggression.' I suppose many of these criminals think that 9/11 was an act of revenge, not a first strike. Coincidentally I'm thinking that many people think that the USA has taken revenge for 9/11.

Has the mind of the world declared revenge as acceptable?

Haven't we all seen how revenge only leads to more revenge?

050311

This article ends this way:

To those who lost loved ones in the hands of bin Laden, and to the rest of the world, I say this:

It is written:

John 14:6 "(Jesus said) I am the way, the truth, and the life. Nobody can come through the Father except through Me."

John 14:27 (Jesus said) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Isaiah 53:5 "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed."

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

The 'healing and peace' brought by the news of bin Laden's death is not true peace. Jesus is the only true source of peace, and once your place your trust in Him by confessing that He is your Lord and Savior, you have access to God the Father. It is only in His presence where there is true peace, sure healing, and fullness of joy.

bin Laden was influenced by the devil to live to see you die. Jesus Christ was instructed by God to die to see you live.

There is no other way by which man is saved.

To God be all the glory.


Sent from my iPhone