Through Thick And Thin...

One thing nice about the life God blessed us to live is that we can have peace in the fact that we all have our skills and weaknesses, our good and bad attributes. Though these attributes seem to be on opposing sides of a coin, they have at least one thing in common - they remind us of how God is good to us.

Take my recent bout of cough and colds. Since yesterday I've shied away from eating too much since I was taking in a lot of water, and I seemed to be craving fruits, staying away from processed foods (which I thought might leave a doughy taste in the back of my mouth - the last thing I need). I am therefore reminded of how the food God made is good (and healthier) as it is.

More importantly, through this condition which leaves me in weakness, I am reminded of Shawn Michaels' verse:

2 Corinthians 12:9 But He said to me, "My grace is enough for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me.

(well, it was a verse in one of his shirts anyway)

God's power is made perfect in my weakness. What a wonderful verse to always remember. Even in times of affliction or disaster, we can still have peace because in these situations we are given front-row seats to how God would make it happen for the good. In my particular case, I have peace in the fact that though I'm wracked by cough and colds, I know that the Lord would be glorified as He brings me out of it. God's power is made perfect in my weakness.

I hope I'm making sense here; I pray that we all recognize the Lord's sovereignty over all things, in strength and in weakness.

To God be all the glory.

Sent from my iPhone