The Charge to Recharge

JB In Manila 042011 V

One of the best lessons Jason Bourne learned was that 'Rest is a weapon'; I believe that this applies in our relationship with God as well, simply because exhaustion weakens us and leaves us vulnerable to the enemy. Temptations resisted at the start of the day become considerable as the sun sets.

I know there's a deeper meaning to these verses you probably heard before, but I believe it is just as applicable as it is read:

Matthew 11:28-29 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

The best rest there is to be found is in the presence of Jesus Christ. I suppose that's why there's some wisdom in the advice of our parents for us to pray before we sleep.

I'm feeling pretty tired right now. God bless us all as we rest.

Posted in http://jibee.blogspot.com/. God bless you!