2.22

I haven't really typed anything down for the longest time, and it doesn't seem like a big deal. I suppose at around this time last year I didn't really care. It must be deja vu or something.


Could it possibly be that it's been a while since I actually spent Valentine's Day in a relationship? I recall the last time was around 3 or 4 years ago. There clearly has been so much that transpired between that 14th and this one.


One thing I definitely have learned through all this time is that being in a real relationship you're determined to keep is an opportunity for you to really work on consistency, while you search for even more ways to bring out the best in you; See, it's not just all about you anymore - when you get into a relationship, you actions immediately begin to represent it, in addition to the other entities you already represent (God, family, company, etc.). I've made the choice to be held accountable to my significant other for everything that I do. Anything that I do which is out of line is reported to her.


How does this help? For one thing, every time I tell her of a shortcoming I've had, I am made witness to the patience that she practices - this is a patience that may very well be close to the patience that Christ practices - a patience that forgives seventy times seven times, a patience that I should practice if anyone else tells me about their recognized failures. There's also the increasing conviction and determination to be more consistent to resist doing every willing error I do that's turning to or is already a habit.


This seems to have always been there ever since we started going out last year - it's just happened for quite some time now, it's had enough application to actually be placed on paper (or on a website in this case). I've always appreciated and declared the authenticity of my positive feelings towards this relationship because of the fact that it builds both of us up and makes us better individuals, it's just that I haven't really stopped to put everything into words, into declarations.


Yes, I am thankful to the Lord for this relationship. Perhaps it has shut me off from other things, but I pray to God that everything would truly fall into place one of these days... COnsistency has always been my opportunity, and I suppose it's time for me to truly act on this, that our ways would take on bigger strides and higher levels.


May the Lord bless all of us, in a relationship or waiting for the right one. May He bless us with a greater desire to be consistent with His Word, that we may be used in ways we probably would never think of.