Feeling Faith

"This body is not big enough for both me and God, and I would rather let God take over"


- Brent, 'The Calm After The Storm'


In the process of doing this, it came to my attention that my feelings drive me in general, and faith is only secondary to what gets me to do something. If I don't 'feel' good about doing something, then chances are I'm not going to do it. If I have to do something, and I don't 'feel' good about it, then I don't do a good job at it. On the other hand, if I know that something I do 'feels' good, then I am more likely to do it.


Now that I put that all together, it sounds like me going with my feelings is me selfish. Do I ignore my feelings all together, or do I count on faith to make the decisions regardless of what I feel? That second answer felt better, no pun intended.


*Update, 9/28 9:56am* I just heard from Pao. Brother Rey's prayers have been answered, thank God... I just pray his brother does fine too. Anyway, if I just relied on my feelings I would have just made more damage by letting out pure anger upon her. Instead, by faith, I thank God that she is okay, and that her family is okay as well. My feelings are persistent in asserting my pride, but I choose to love her the way Jesus chose to love me - unconditionally, and freely. Praise God for all the beautiful trials He lets us go through...


God bless you.