Blindsided

"I suppose I needed this weekend to remember that it was God who gave me this relationship in the first place, and it should be used for His glory, and not for our pleasure... It's like everything else we are blessed with."


- Brent, Lesson Learned From A Distance



Globe is still fixing their lines, thus the signal over at my place is down. Pao lost her phone a few days ago, before the storm. Communication lines are cut, and you can say that our relationship is going through some tough times... and the way I see it, I'm being more of a problem than a solution through all this. I praise God for my girlfriend, whose patience with me is another great reason to look to Him and just love Him more. I am a child of God, and He takes care of me... Pao is a child of God, and He takes care of her...



God forgive me, but I feel just a slight bit bothered, though. I heard somewhere that you are at your best in the worst situations. Why does it seem like the worst attitudes come from me when I am under pressure? I find myself worrying more... I'm more selfish, more self-centered, more self-conscious... I'm getting all worked up, and it's testing my faith. I am once again compelled to recall what was divulged last Sunday over at church:


"How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!"

- Hebrews 9:14



May God's strength be made perfect in my weakness. What I do represents my love for Christ who has rid me of my guilty conscience. That being said, I do what I do not to appease a guilty conscience. I do what I do for the One whose blood purified my conscience from acts that lead to death, and everything else follows...



My foundation is further fortified as it is tested; I repent from selfishness and hatred, from lust and bitterness... I love because God loved me first. I am made His child through the unfailing blood of the Lamb.



God bless you.



"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?



And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

- Matthew 6:25-34