Withdrawal Symptoms

Eloquence only makes articles longer. It adds drama, but when a point needs to be delivered uncompromised, less is more.



If I don't see something wrong, I look for something wrong, and if I don't find anything, I assume that something's wrong. If I have no reason to be worried, I find a reason to worry. If I don't find a reason to worry, I make a reason to worry.



Something obviously went wrong, as I originally took on the mentality of hunting down problems, anticipating them and attempting to crush them as they surfaced just so that I could have no reason to worry, and life could continue at a comfortable rate. Like fighting fire with fire, I fought worry with worry.


"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"


- Matthew 6:27


I can't.


I need to shake off this addiction. It's not that I think too much. It's just that I worry, and I like worrying. I have all the reasons to believe, all the reasons to have faith.


God bless you.