Meaningful?

"That right there sounds like the ultimate achievement of the pure pessimist - to rationalize that nothing, NOTHING in this world counts for anything."
- Brent, 'Eternal?'
If you've listened closely to the Bible classes I'm assuming you've had when you were younger, you probably recall David, the shepherd boy who killed the Philistine giant Goliath. Well, do you? 
Anyway, David rose to be one of the greatest rulers of Israel, expanding the nation's borders, gathering seemingly limitless resources along the way. As the years went by, and as he grow older, he eventually passed all this power, this wealth, to Solomon. When Solomon came of age, and when he took the throne, God offered to give him whatever he wanted. As a king, he could have asked for anything. Power. Wealth. Even the death of all his enemies. However, he went ahead and chose wisdom instead. God was awed by this decision and gave him not just wisdom, but also wealth, riches, and honor (2 Chronicles 1).
Solomon used this God-given wisdom to bring Israel to a time of great prosperity. The wealth he accumulated made him the richest and most powerful man in the world. Apparently, he had all this, and time to deal with his people and their issues too... This gave him more opportunities to demonstrate the wisdom God gave to him. I'm led to post this following story from the Bible:
"Now two prostitutes came to the king and stood before him. One of them said, "My lord, this woman and I live in the same house. I had a baby while she was there with me. 18 The third day after my child was born, this woman also had a baby. We were alone; there was no one in the house but the two of us. "During the night this woman's son died because she lay on him. So she got up in the middle of the night and took my son from my side while I your servant was asleep. She put him by her breast and put her dead son by my breast. The next morning, I got up to nurse my son—and he was dead! But when I looked at him closely in the morning light, I saw that it wasn't the son I had borne."

The other woman said, "No! The living one is my son; the dead one is yours." But the first one insisted, "No! The dead one is yours; the living one is mine." And so they argued before the king.

The king said, "This one says, 'My son is alive and your son is dead,' while that one says, 'No! Your son is dead and mine is alive.' "

Then the king said, "Bring me a sword." So they brought a sword for the king. He then gave an order: "Cut the living child in two and give half to one and half to the other."

The woman whose son was alive was filled with compassion for her son and said to the king, "Please, my lord, give her the living baby! Don't kill him!" But the other said, "Neither I nor you shall have him. Cut him in two!"

Then the king gave his ruling: "Give the living baby to the first woman. Do not kill him; she is his mother."

When all Israel heard the verdict the king had given, they held the king in awe, because they saw that he had wisdom from God to administer justice."
- 1 Kings 3:16-28
In my opinion, Solomon's choice of wisdom literally opened a way for him to get virtually everything that this world had to offer. The book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible tells us that he went ahead and went the distance in doing that for his own satisfaction:
"With the help of a bottle of wine and all the wisdom I could muster, I tried my level best to penetrate the absurdity of life. I wanted to get a handle on anything useful we mortals might do during the years we spend on this earth. 
Oh, I did great things: built houses, planted vineyards, designed gardens and parks and planted a variety of fruit trees in them, made pools of water to irrigate the groves of trees. I bought slaves, male and female, who had children, giving me even more slaves; then I acquired large herds and flocks, larger than any before me in Jerusalem. I piled up silver and gold, loot from kings and kingdoms. I gathered a chorus of singers to entertain me with song, and—most exquisite of all pleasures— voluptuous maidens for my bed.

Oh, how I prospered! I left all my predecessors in Jerusalem far behind, left them behind in the dust. What's more, I kept a clear head through it all. Everything I wanted I took—I never said no to myself. I gave in to every impulse, held back nothing. I sucked the marrow of pleasure out of every task—my reward to myself for a hard day's work! "
The book of Ecclesiastes goes for as long as 12 chapters, and in my opinion, the 10 other chapters after this one tell me how utterly disappointed he was in the life that he had. I mean, he had it all, but in the same wisdom that God gave him, he said this:
“Everything is meaningless ...completely meaningless.”
- Ecclesiastes 12:8
He's been there, he's done that, and still he says:
“Everything is meaningless ...completely meaningless.”
- Ecclesiastes 12:8

Wealth, honor, power, sex, drugs, and rock and roll!
“Everything is meaningless ...completely meaningless.”
- Ecclesiastes 12:8

**To be concluded.. God bless you**