Death and Life

I am typing this blog in my attempt to look busy here in the office. I currently have nothing to do, and going through Wikipedia and the Gatherer have only made me more drowsy than I already was before walking into this... gulag.


Anyway, this gives me some time to write about a few things that had great significance to me last year. The only problem was during that time I imagine I was really busy or I was just recovering from the stress I had back then through sleep.


As of today (August 21, 2007) it has apparently been exactly a year since the girlfriend of a good friend of mine passed away. This experience serves as one of many examples to the tragic fact that we can die at any time, regardless of how healthy or wealthy we are. What makes me feel better about it is that my friend did not do anything stupid at the time; Rather, he took the incident and viewed it in a higher point of view, and is therefore closer to God more now than ever.


It has also been a year and nearly a month since I experienced first hand how the words 'I love you' can hit you really hard out of nowhere, leaving you slack-jawed and dumbfounded, but still with a really nice warm feeling inside. It was over the damn landline at around 10 in the evening, too. The lady I spoke with at the time did something that few people were ever able to do: Catch me completely by surprise. Twice (Don't ask about the second time). For that, she has and still is cherished.


Ironically, the same words signified the start of an unfortunate but eye-opening relationship 2 months after. There must be a particular sense of timing for those sorts of words to work for the greater good, though I learned from another good friend just recently that I'm better off acting on "I love you" instead of saying it too much.


I guess God makes some things happen just to straighten you out, huh? It's just the pride of some people that keeps them from learning.


I guess what I'm trying to say is to think of what you want to say before you compromise a relation with a person who you probably won't be able to talk to again 2 seconds later. What do you think?


I have roughly three hours left here. Whoopee.